Water Level Contoller
The Water Level Controller System is an Electronic Equipment which when electrically connected to the starter of any given pumpset motor will control the operation of the pumpset depending upon the water level in the Source and Destination Storage Tanks. Advanced Automatic "WATER LEVEL CONTROLLER" unit is a Microprocessor based Electronic Device. This system when electrically connected to an Pumpset starter, performs the following functions automatically:
- Switches ON the Pumpset when Water level drops below pre-set level (i.e. T2 level) in Overhead Tank.
- Switches OFF the Pumpset when Water level in Overhead Tank becomes full (i.e. T1 level).
- Switches OFF the Pumpset when Water level is low in Sump/Well/Borewell (i.e. S2 level).
- Switches ON the Pumpset when there is sufficient water in the Sump/ Well / Borewell (i.e. S1 level).
- Switches OFF the Pumpset when there is a Dry run (i.e. when Water is not being pumped into Overhead Tank due to any reason).
- Low Voltage and High Voltage Protection for the Pumpset is incorporated.
- The system has Surge Voltage/Current Protection for the Pumpset.
- All these functions are automatically performed. Manual interference is absolutely not required.
- Manual operation is also possible if and when required by operating the switch in Manual Position.
The Principle of Level Sensing in Water Level Controller System:
The automatic controlling of water level in storage tank is an old concept but the technology adopted to do so is advancing continuously. Various methods were used to sense the water level in the storage tanks which includes mechanical float ball attached to an electrical limit switch, plastic molded reed relay arrangement, direct sensing of low voltage DC electrical signals, etc. All of them had one or the other disadvantages or needed periodical maintenance to keep the system working. This even affected the reliability of the Level Controller systems. We have developed the most advanced yet cost effective method of Level Sensing, known as AC SIGNAL SENSING. This is based on the principle of Conduction Through Water wherein 1.5V 100 Hz AC signal will be sent to the water, and the sent signal will be received through the level sensors set at desired levels. This type of sensing will not result in any corrosion or sulphation of sensors and deposition of salt on the surface of sensors. This will have an advantage that sensors need not be periodically cleaned or changed. As there are no moving parts, the dirt in the water will not affect the performance. The Sensors which are used will have life more than a decade and absolutely does not need any maintenance.